Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rotex - Ball Drive? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotex - Ball Drive?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    They sell bigger units but I would say if 2 of these make 965hp on a healthy engine then 1 Vortech or Paxton would make a lot more power. They only have kits listed for the new Chevy Truck and the kit is more than a Paxton or Vortech kit so why should the US market even bother with the Rotex.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    true
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Check out this months Hot Rod, they have a article on them. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

I read that article and it at least showed the transmission of the unit. If they would make the unit larger and post some CFM numbers it would be nice. Everytime I see that unit I think of the Mid-80's when Automotive magazines had contest and people had been converting GM Air Pumps into Superchargers.

They did that ?
    Not much cfm I think
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Popular Hot Rodding in the mid 80's had a contest and Colleges made superchargers out of Air Pumps and Air condition compressors and the Air Pump made a excellent unit and produced 8psi and it was already on the engines so no bracket had to be designed. I will find that issue and scan the article because it made sense, but then 80% of the cars still had a carb so now that design would be perfect with fuel injection. I just no that the air pump pulses so I need that article to see how they got past that issue.

Interesting !
    Greets, Marco