Thread: It's ALIVE!!!

Talking It's ALIVE!!!

After months and months (probably 8 since it was last started and a almost 2 years since it was last driven) the LX fired up today. Took about 2 minutes of off and on cranking for it to finally fire up. I let it run for about 2 minutes and here is what I noticed:

1.) Bought a brand new belt yesterday. There is belt dust EVERYWHERE now. Is that normal on a new belt? I had a belt shredding problem prior to the car not being driven anymore. I took a look and all the pullies look like they are aligned with each other.

2.) The power steering pump sounds like it is starting to squal when the rpm's are brought up. Since I am running an 8" crank pulley (single belt set up) do I need a larger pulley for the PS? I have yet to really drive the car since I installed the 8" because of clearance issues I have always had with it.

3.) Instead of dealing with the PS pump, do I HAVE to run a manual rack to go without power steering, or will the stock unit work without the PS pump?

Just trying to look at options here. Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated!
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

When my acc. drive belt was loose, it squeld and made a lot of dust as well. If not mis aligned belt may be loose.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    When my acc. drive belt was loose, it squeld and made a lot of dust as well. If not mis aligned belt may be loose.
    I was kind of thinking that but the belt is fairly tight, but not over tight. I know it will stretch out and need to be retightened, but I don't think it's loose. I can go back out and double check it..
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA