Thread: novi gss

novi gss

i have a 93 gt with a 331. tfs tw heads, holley intake, tfs stage 2 cam, 224/232 542/563, 75mm t/b 30 lb injectors, 1 5/8 long tubes, comprssion is 10.25. it made 374/ 386 on a dynojet. i just got a novi gss and it needs to be rebuilt. should i get it upgraded? i want to put at least 500 to the wheels. what injectors do i need? where should i get it rebuilt? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    With 10.25 compression even with your timing set way back you will be limited with 5psi @ 93 octane gas. Not probably worth the VR4 upgrade unless you get a tuning device but without the upgrade you will be restricting your air flow and porbably won't see that big of a hp increase with the blower. If you go with a VR4 upgrade you will need 42lb injectors. Do a search on rebuild and you will see the process which is really easy and about 1hr of your time. The rebuild if you need the races,balls, impeller shaft and rear seal your looking at roughly $500 and if you can find the VR4 upgrade another $700.

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    With 10.25 compression even with your timing set way back you will be limited with 5psi @ 93 octane gas. Not probably worth the VR4 upgrade unless you get a tuning device but without the upgrade you will be restricting your air flow and porbably won't see that big of a hp increase with the blower. If you go with a VR4 upgrade you will need 42lb injectors. Do a search on rebuild and you will see the process which is really easy and about 1hr of your time. The rebuild if you need the races,balls, impeller shaft and rear seal your looking at roughly $500 and if you can find the VR4 upgrade another $700.
    is that 500 plus 700?

Yes it Is.

have you heard of superchargerrebuilds? it says on their website that they have a upgraded impeller that gives 1 to 1 1/2 more psi. would that be worth it? im not going to pay 1200 to do the vr4. their upgrade is only 75 more than the standard impeller.

That impeller will do nothing for you. Your problem is CFM not PSI. The 'SN' is to small for a modified 5.0

Junior SCH Member
    Hey runbyu! Would you be willing to sell that unit of yours? PM me or reply thanks

wat will you give me for it? i have the whole kit, brackets, msd w/ boost retard,pipes, its for a 94/95