Thread: I Hate Dial-Up!!!!

I Hate Dial-Up!!!!

I've had it with dial up Svc's, I've had two local providers w/i the last year and they both suck!!! Ya know they used to be pretty decent, then DSL started to become available & the dial-up has gone to crap!!! I bet they intentionally reduced the performance/reliability of the dial up to get more people to switch to their DSL!!

Anyone clue me in to what the cost would be to go DSL & recommend a good provider for the service?

I'm tired of a 56k connection that works like 14.4k one!!!

(Rant Off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Does your local cable company offer the internet?

Ian

I think that they may, but they'd probably charge me double cause we have dishnetwork TV, lol.

Back in the day I had good luck with Earthlink. My mother still uses it at her home. I know they are everywhere also, might look into them. Stay away from the small timers, because they rarely upgrade their connection to their backbone from their local stations. The small guys just pile customers into one location and don't upgrade their pipe(s). Kinda like AOL did a few years back, then all the aol'ers started complaining about busy signals/slow connection speeds etc.

I'm using a cable connection now but before that I had to use dial-up too. I've never had a 56k modem that would actually connect at 56k (imagine that).

Yeah, the best I get with mine is 50k, but something still doesn't "jive", there are times it takes as long as a 14k modem to load/download. Like I said I think it's a conspiracy to try and get ya to spend more $$ for a DSL or cable connection.

Well you also have to take into account some other sites have bogged connections. Many of us have DSL and Cablemodem, but if the other site we are trying to download say a video from is being hammered, we get really slow download rates. How much you browse the internet should depict how much DSL or Cablemodem is worth to you.

I've gone from having a t3 in my college dorm to aol dsl (sucked real big nuts) to cable. I also get my tv and home phone along with my cable modem and so far it's the best service and price ever. Makes bills a little easier too. Still not even close to a t3 though.

Brandon

Yeah Southwestern Bell has it where you can tie your phone bill & DSL together, may look into that. I'll have to see what this ***-backwards town has to offer and to make matter worse I live 10 outside of city limits so my options are probably worse.

Yeah when you live out of town options are limited for sure but I am sure you will be able to find something.

Ian