Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best Novi 1000 set up

Thread: Best Novi 1000 set up

Junior SCH Member

Best Novi 1000 set up

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a Novi 1000. I have all the usual bolt ons and am making about 300RWHP. What is the best way to run the novi (FMU/CHIP/BIG INJECTORS???).

My goal is most HP accross all RPM range and good low speed drivability with no smoking pig rich idle / low speed situations

thanks
    HOTPRSUT

What are your goals? The big injectors and a custom tune is 99% of the time the best route imho.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member

novi 1000 tune

My goals are approx: 400 RWHP. My car currently has about 291 RWHP. the heads are TW with stock compression and the camshaft is Anderson fords B31 cam.

How much boost do I need to run to get 380-400RWHP? What pulley/power pipe set up do I need to acheive this boost?

Anyone use lidio performance in Michigan for tuning? I'm getting such a difference in tuning information..it's crazy.

I've been told the following:

30# injectors with 6:1 FMU no chip
    42# injectors and Pro-M 80 no chip
    42# injectors 90mm LMAF and chip
    42# injectors with C&L mass air and chip.

Any help from other Novi folks would be great

Quote Originally Posted by HOTPRSUT
    My goals are approx: 400 RWHP. My car currently has about 291 RWHP. the heads are TW with stock compression and the camshaft is Anderson fords B31 cam.

How much boost do I need to run to get 380-400RWHP? What pulley/power pipe set up do I need to acheive this boost?

Anyone use lidio performance in Michigan for tuning? I'm getting such a difference in tuning information..it's crazy.

I've been told the following:

30# injectors with 6:1 FMU no chip
    42# injectors and Pro-M 80 no chip
    42# injectors 90mm LMAF and chip
    42# injectors with C&L mass air and chip.

Any help from other Novi folks would be great
    \

Stock pulleys, the anderson pipe, and a good tune up should get you within your goals. If it was me, i'd do the 42's with the Pro-M, and if I had any doubts I would take it and have it tuned. If you are talking about Alternative Auto, then yes, i know of a few guys that have had thier stuff tuned by lidio and they swear by him. I made 434 rwhp with twisted wedge heads, tfs#1 cam, holley 2 intake, and the Novi 1000 with stock pullies and the PP. I did this with the stock eec, 42's and a C&L. The C&L can be a pain as mine was a real pain.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member

Novi

thanks for the info. Yes, I was talking about alternative auto. He recommended the 42's and a C&L mass air meter. Do I need to have the C&L calibrated for the 42's when I get a chip?

That power level is great for stock pulley Novi 1000. Does the Anderson Power Pipe require you to enlarge the hole in the side of the engine compartment? Does any other powerpipe work just as well and gets around this issue?

thanks for the info. Yes, I was talking about alternative auto. He recommended the 42's and a C&L mass air meter. Do I need to have the C&L calibrated for the 42's when I get a chip?

That power level is great for stock pulley Novi 1000. Does the Anderson Power Pipe require you to enlarge the hole in the side of the engine compartment? Does any other powerpipe work just as well and gets around this issue?
    I'll get my friend to comment on the C&L thing for sure but i'd ask Lidio before I did anything. Yes you have to enlarge the hole but no, it's not a big deal. The pipes that fit through the stock hole are not the full 4" pipes like the anderson. Some will say the plastic 3.5" upr pipe is just as good but I find that hard to believe, but on the other hand it may not be a restriction for the little 1000 blower.

Lidio will make sure your stuff is fast and safe.

thanks for the info. Yes, I was talking about alternative auto. He recommended the 42's and a C&L mass air meter.
    Lidio said to use a C&L?

I have to say......I'm really surprised by that. I had a C&L when I first started out and that thing was nothing but trouble....I could never get the car to run right with it until I switched to my 80mm Pro-M. If I had a dollar for every guy who's posted on Corral alone about issues with C&L MAFS on blower apps, I'd have a lot of money in my pocket.

With that said though I would have to guess Lidio would be using the newer "Tuner" version of the C&L MAF which is apparantly a better unit than the older C&L's most of us are familiar with....it has some signifigant design changes in terms of how it's sampling tube functions compared to the normal C&L. There's more info about it here:

http://www.cnlperformance.com/tunerMAF.html

Lidio is awesome. He has some of the best advice out there. He will make sure that when your car leaves his place it wil make good power with what you have and will not be back a week later because something broke!

He has done all my tuning and few other buddies cars. We are all street cars with some serious power with simple setups:teeth: . He has tuned my stock 351 short block and it survived 5 years of well over 500rwhp and recently ~ 700rwhp the last two years. He know what he is doing and is not out to sell you something just to make a $.

If you talk to him tell him Steve (the guy with the 93 Black "cobra") told you to talk to him. He'll know our crew.

BTW I do have a C&L mass air meter 73mm and it has supported 20+ psi and never had an issue in five years. I know it's small but anyway.

Let me know if you need any more info.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member

Alternative Auto

I talked with Lidio today and he mentioned that my Pro-M 80 would be fine.

He talked me into the V2SQ. His estimate is 420-450RWHP. He did mention that he likes to use the T-Rex that comes in the kit as well as a 255lph fuel pump. Most people I talk to say to just use the GSS340 high pressure fuel pump.

Any thoughts on fuel pumps and requirements?

Stepping up the the SQ is a great Idea if you can afford it. It will make alot more power. Id run the 255 and the T-rex if thats what he wants but I ran just the 255 intank and never had an issue.

Senior SCH Member
    get the novi 1k. It's cheaper and I made 474 rwhp and now I have a PMS I'll be looking for 500 rwhp not changing anything. I only have stock pulley and it sees 6#'s. it's a 306 not a 331/347 I also have a nat. asp. cam too. not sure how much it's hurting but I'm not complaining

those are some nice number w/ only 6psi..... Seems odd though. What was the HP n/a? Is this one extremely well flowing setup? What was your A/F ratio?

My vote is for the SQ. I feel that vortech has the edge on the smaller blowers, plus the SQ has a little mor eair flow.....think. I know lidio favors the Vortechs as well. Either way both are good blowers.

The 2000 is awesome though on the NOVI's, but a totally different animal here.
    Last edited by BLOWNBY; 02-07-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Yup, I'd do the SQ. Behind the T, and Novi 2000, the SQ is the best street blower for EFI stuff.

Senior SCH Member
    I made 326 rwhp on motor