Thread: Injector question!

Junior SCH Member

Injector question!

I have heard that 60lb injectors are about the niggest you want to run on stock lines and rails. I found a great deal on a set of 72lb injectors. Has anyone known or had experience on running 72lb injectors on stock rails (351W rails) and stock lines. I have plenty of fuel pump (twin 255 high pressures).
    1992 GT:
    358W, ported Vic Jr's, Hogan sheet metal intake, AFM PMS, Procharger D1sc @ 16lbs boost, twin 255 pumps, etc etc etc.

1993 Notch:
    306, ported TW heads, TF intake, F-303 cam, full Maximum Motorsport suspension and some cool paint. Soon to have a SN-89 charger on it!---SOLD :(

1995 GT: couple bolt on's

SCH Member
    I'm going to go out in a limb here and ask why you would want to push that much power through stock lines. I'm going to be running 60's and will be adding -8 feed and -6 return, with aftermarket rails. I personally don't want to dump all that coin into my engine and have it pop a cylinder because I skimped on the lines. FYI, I also will be running twin 255's like yourself and shooting for 600hp~ with a T-trim'd 347.

I don't think stock lines would support the flow of the 60's let alone the 72's. 42's would probably be the max injector for stock lines and rails. At near full flow that's probably pushing it.

If you plan on only making 400rwhp w/ the 72's then it will work, but otherwise........
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Well I went ahead and just went with 60's. I don't know what I will make all said and done for power, but I am not the type to throw stuff at my car. I know it is the safest way to go, but I like to only buy what is needed and tune from their. (crosses fingers) I haven't broke or blown anything up yet, and have pushed beyond limits that nobody said was possible. (16lbs on a stock block, crank, rods 306 and 6.90's in 1/8th on a Powerdyned 306 combo).
    1992 GT:
    358W, ported Vic Jr's, Hogan sheet metal intake, AFM PMS, Procharger D1sc @ 16lbs boost, twin 255 pumps, etc etc etc.

1993 Notch:
    306, ported TW heads, TF intake, F-303 cam, full Maximum Motorsport suspension and some cool paint. Soon to have a SN-89 charger on it!---SOLD :(

1995 GT: couple bolt on's

Junior SCH Member
    With the 72# injectors you would also need an injector driver. More money.

I agree with Blownby about the line size.

I was having a fuel problem with 42# injectors. Don't know exactly what. Line size, fuel rail, pump????