Thread: My motor is to high?

My motor is to high?

I just installed all new stuff:

PA Racing K-member
    Prothane motor-mounts
    A4 race block

I installed the motor and Vortech blower that was on the old motor and it sits so high it hits the hood with the top of the blower.

I know the motor and blower are not the issue so it has to be the poly prothane mounts or the K-member. Did anyone else use the prothane mounts and experience the same probelem? How about the Pa Racing k-member?

Does anyome make "drop" mounts? I don't care if there poly or solid at this point. I know HPM made them but I think there out of business.
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

Did you try to turn the volute on the blower? If you don't need a ton of clearance it should work...especially if it's a 302.

I have a PA k-member and and didn't seem to change height in the swap.

HPM if you can get them makes a 3/4" drop solid mount. Make sure all is well w/ your rack thouh.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I changed out the motor mounts and got almost all the clearance I need except the oil feed line for the blower is still hitting the hood.
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

Junior SCH Member
    stock hood? passenger or drivers side blower mount?

Quote Originally Posted by kdirty130
    stock hood? passenger or drivers side blower mount?
    Yes and yes.

I installed HPM lowering mounts and it almost makes it. The oil fitting still hitting the hood bracing
    Mike

89 Notchback:

SCH Member
    Yikes, you can't throw an elbow fitting on there to buy you some room? :(

Quote Originally Posted by straightliner1
    Yikes, you can't throw an elbow fitting on there to buy you some room? :(

This is with an elbow fitting :violent:
    Mike

89 Notchback:

Elbo fitting where? On what? I missed something here?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    The oil feed line fitting on the blower.

Ahhh...there is more than one place to put the oil feed.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

No, the oil feed line on the Novi is on the top and after adding a Rt angle fitting to it it sits hight enough to hit the under hood brace.....yea.
    Mike

89 Notchback:

I was assuming a vortech.....I'll shut up now!:cry:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'