Thread: Ill ask this again....

Ill ask this again....

Craig has 2 cog kits for mustang available on Ebay. I have a 91 mustang with an SN89. Stock pulley's. I was going to put a 3.5 pulley on in place of the 4.25 I have now. Or maybe Ill buy a cog kit. He only lists number of teeth though... CAN ANYONE HELP... not flame me , just help.

Senior SCH Member
    Allow me to assist you, now that you've provided some info and aren't crying. All you need is number of teeth. Here is the formula:

X (# of crank gear teeth) * Y (step-up ratio, 4.25 in the SN) * Z (Max engine rpm at shift)/
    A(number of driven gear teeth)

Hope this helps,

F=MA

whatever. Ill just buy a pulley

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Well if you buy a pulley I would not go under a 3.75" and that will be over spinning the 'SN' by the time you reach 5500 rpm. You don't need a cog setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutzy19
    Craig has 2 cog kits for mustang available on Ebay. I have a 91 mustang with an SN89. Stock pulley's. I was going to put a 3.5 pulley on in place of the 4.25 I have now. Or maybe Ill buy a cog kit. He only lists number of teeth though... CAN ANYONE HELP... not flame me , just help.
    A six rib works great for ball drive setups. I'm not sure but I think not only would they be not needed, but they would end up severly shorten the life of the blower. I deleted the earlier post becuase the attitudes were short and usefullness was even shorter.

Good luck on what you decide.....I'd take speedy's advice though fwiw.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

its cool regatta.... people are somtimes arrogant with they're BETTER THAN THOU answers.... and as always Speedy Im going with your advice and ordered a 3.75 pulley from asp

Senior SCH Member
    How about "those people" that get petulant when they don't get immediate answers and won't look up something for themselves?

F=MA