Thread: Fuel pressure rise question

Junior SCH Member

Fuel pressure rise question

With 10psi of boost do you see 10 psi increase of fuel pressure?

I know FPR are suppose to but does it really happen or just come close?

Before my fuel system upgrade I wasn't. With 10 psi boost I was getting a 5-7psi fuel increase. Just wondering what to expect now with the new fuel system.

Junior SCH Member
    yes, you should see 1:1

If not, relace rubber boost ref lines with plastic, aluminum, braided, or get a new FPR!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    If your using Autometer Gauge who knows what you will see. I have had my gauge replaced 4 times in 2 years and it now reads incorrect and needs replaced again. If it is Autometer they have become junk parts. I have a service gauge and it reads really accurate and it is real sensitive and shows every 1/2lb. I think this time when I return the unit I am getting a digital because others in my area have them and they are easy to read when at WOT and they seem to be very accurate.

Junior SCH Member
    Which Autometer are you talking about. The electric? That's what I was dataloging from. Maybe that's the problem.

What digital are you talking about?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    2- electric and the senders are good and 3- Mechanical and the last one reads 5psi off with the pressure released. I tried earlier to today and when showing 43lbs I am really at 38lb and when it shows 62lbs I am at 55lbs. It is not even off the same amount each time.