Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good enough for the 10's ?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboystang
    yea look at what they were doing in real street in the early days, stock block, H/I shorties, TKO's and S-trims going low 10's with a stock cam.Before the class got way outta control...
    And now they will be back to running low 10's again.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

yea whats the deal? did they make a rule change to slow the cars down? I heard it was being debated. Do the racers favor this decision?
    10.40 on BFG's, YS trim, stock F150 Shortblock.

Senior SCH Member
    Yeah, they did finalize the rules and slowed down the class considerably. I can't speak for the nitrous crowd, but for the 5.0 blower cars, they are making us run a larger blower pulley, limited valvetrain parts, and 3.73 gears.

Personally, I don't like all of the rule changes. If they wanted to slow the class down, I think just a pulley change would of been adequate. Now I have to try and figure out another way to get my valvetrain to hold stable. 3.73 gears is about like making it an index class in my opinion.

I know some racers are coming back, some are leaving. Personally, if I could afford it, I would change classes instead of dumping money into my car and go slower. I honestly liked the way it was before.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

I see were you are coming from, for the guys just getting into the class its a god-send but for you fella's with a dialed in setup it really sucks! Renegade would be a big jump from the R/S class I would say, so you are kinda stuck in the middle. In my opinion, they shouldnt have never allowed "cheater" blowers and stayed with single nozzles. If it woulda stayed a "Bolt-on" parts class like was intended, it would have saved alot of heartache for the racers. JMO

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Trim91
    the car did produce 512rwhp on the dyno last week, no BTM or FMU (has 42lb injectors) no chip either. what does it take to get a 10 sec. car.
    what kinda fuel pressure you running? what was your timing? and what type fuel regulator?
    I ask this because i have a similar setup and question if im going to need a PMS soon. I have a built 306 with a passenger YS:violent: and some 42 lb injectors with an aeromotive fuel setup(no fmu, btm, or chip). I would like to get a PMS setup in the future, but dont know if its quite necessary with lower boost levels (10-15psi)

can anybody help me here? more info can be provided. thanks!
    1993 triple white feature car

If it helps, I ran mine with no PMS for a year with my YS making 12-14 lbs. and 55's with no FMU, A1000, -8,-6 lines yadda, yadda. I set total timing at 22* and left out the spout and about 45 psi F/P with the 1:1 regulator it would climb to about 55 or so under boost. never went lean with that set up, I did run CAM2 at the track. BUT...the PMS was a very good investment!

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboystang
    If it helps, I ran mine with no PMS for a year with my YS making 12-14 lbs. and 55's with no FMU, A1000, -8,-6 lines yadda, yadda. I set total timing at 22* and left out the spout and about 45 psi F/P with the 1:1 regulator it would climb to about 55 or so under boost. never went lean with that set up, I did run CAM2 at the track. BUT...the PMS was a very good investment!
    im assuming those 55's were low impedance. what about 42's? you think that would be a bit stressful and on the edge?

I have also ran my YSi and T w/ stock computer and 22-24 psi and 60# injectors.

PMS would help and so would FAST ..but has worked w/ stock computer.

Weldon 2015 pump, -10AN tank to pump, -08AN to rails, -06 AN return. Base FP was ~34#'s

Timing 30* base w/ spout out and BTM pulling timing to ~20 at top. This is w/ 110 fuel as well.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter
    im assuming those 55's were low impedance. what about 42's? you think that would be a bit stressful and on the edge?
    No they were high impedance, stock A9L. 42's should be enough, a friend of mine runs 36's with an FMU at 14lbs. with 42's I would think you could get away without an FMU. The 55's in mine were more than enough. Keep the timing low to start and give it plenty of fuel. Its better to foul plugs to begin and lean it down from there. You will like the PMS though, it made a big difference in drivability.
    Last edited by sickboystang; 03-13-2006 at 09:09 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    im sure it did, at this point i want to get a few miles on the car instead of waiting to get the pms. i dont necessarily take it to the track and giv eit hell just yet, i just want some street miles with less than 80% throttle angle.

Junior SCH Member
    ok check it out... i have my FP at around 45 psi, timing at 22* spout out, 42lb injectors, car is running really rich and is blowing extra rich smoke out the tail pipes along with a nice pop every once in a while. seems to be running on all 8, 8.5:1 compression, any ideas? or more info needed? let me know what you guys think. thanks!! my cell is (815) 566-6116 if you want to call me and talk about it.

YOU NEED IT TUNED!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    well, it runs better now, and i figured out the pop, it was from the kook's race collectors(4-1 slip on) it runs much much better at this point. i think im going to wrap the colectors so it cant suck in air. no weird smoking, might have been from sitting for the last year. time to try it out, but the ultimate plan is to get a PMS. i just want to drive the car, no full throttle, no hard accelerations, just putt putt...

Junior SCH Member
    update, i swapped plugs out with some colder units: NGK BR7EF.

it runs awesome as it is. no hard starting(as some said may be a problem with 42lbers, doesnt surge, blower is working properly, etc, etc...so yeah, the settings seem ok for driving around, i will probably get a wide band on it to see whats really happening before i get too serious, but yeah all seems great at this time.