Thread: new MAF, code 66

new MAF, code 66

Added a few parts (42#s, 80mm Pro-M, 255lph, 3 core rad, 2.95" pulley) this winter and finally got the car fired the other day. Started up OK but will not idle and of course CEL is on! The longer I keep it running by feathering the throttle the more it loads up until I shut it down or it stumbles and dies. All the while the wideband is indicating between 10 and 11.5:1.

Pulled the codes and got a "hard" 11 and a "continuous" 66.

Book says 11 is system OK, 66 is MAF fault, below min voltage.

Question now is, does the MAF low voltage cause my fuel problem? If yes, then great. Secondly, what do I do now? How can I check the MAF, wiring, etc? What causes a low voltage situation?
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

My car did that when the maf wasnt plugged in well. The clip was broken on mine and every once and a while it would do that same thing .See if wiggling it (the connector) fixes the prob otherwise it could be the calibration.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Yeah I had that prob too with my old meter when the clip was loose but this clip appeared to be seated well on the new one when I plugged it in but I will start looking there just the same.
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

I unplugged the meter that was fully seated as far as the clip was concerned nd removed the rubber seal from the car end added a bit of dielectric grease to all connections then reassembled. What do you know CEL is gone and the car will idle! Now I have to do some tuning to get it to idle well.

Thanks,
    Jason