Thread: Do you own M/T ET Streets 30 x 12.5 - 15?

Senior SCH Member

Do you own M/T ET Streets 30 x 12.5 - 15?

If they are on a 10" rim, could you please measure the sidewall width at 16# psi and tell me if it is indeed 13.3" as M/T states on their website? If seem to remember that the tires aren't usually as wide as advertised. I need to know so that I can get the backspacing right.

And if the tread is 10.2", and the sidewall is 13.3", then where in the world does the 12.5" in the name come from?
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Junior SCH Member
    i have 28x12.5 et streets. for some reason, M/T does that with the et streets. the 12.5 is usually a true 10" wide tire.
    1993 triple white feature car

Senior SCH Member

Mounting today

If I've made all of my measurements correctly, the fit should be perfect with a 1/2" spacer (I will be on a 10" rim). I'll let you all know the outcome. I'm also trying to figure out how to make a backspace calculator with Excel. If I can get that to work, I'll make it available for testing - it may help all of those with the question "what backspacing should I use"
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Senior SCH Member
    For the record, the fully inflated tire referenced above had a sidewall width of 13.1 inches on my M/T 10" rim. That's pretty darned close to the published width of 13.3 inches.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Junior SCH Member
    ET streets, 12.5" actually have a wider contact area on an 8" rim than my 10.5" ET Drags do on my 10" rims. Strange huh ?
    Rotating the Earth 1320 feet at a time.
    Beaters: 85GT, 89LX
    3.73 Transmission, Hearse shifter shorts shift, Floormasters muffler, RCI racing seats, Hot running.