Thread: which is the best supercharger?

Junior SCH Member

which is the best supercharger?

title says it all. I was debating with some friends and just wanted to see what you guys thought was the best maker of centrifugal superchargers?

This is a bogus question w/o info.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    The best at taking a crap? Pro%%$%
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    well I don't see how it is a bogus question when I'm asking for the all around best manufacturer overall for centrifugal superchargers is. Take into consideration whatever you want just state your reasons in the reply

Junior SCH Member
    The question has no proper answer.

It is the installation and tune that makes one better over the other regardless of the manufacturer.:notagree:

Junior SCH Member
    I say Procharger. I've ran an cog'd F1 on my street car seeing 3-500 mile round trips, in one day, 2-3 times a month and never had any problem with it. Ran a P600B on my Cobra with 0 problems.

I've also had a Vortech SN95 and a cog'd YS trim and had no problems with either of them.

I think it's Ford-Chevy-Dodge...... Personal prefference.

To satisfy you question.......

Low to moderate Boost on street Vortech
    Big boost and street T/YSi and Novi 2000
    Crazy Big Boost Track...YSI/Pro Charger.

This is about as simple answer for a simple question!

So to answer best all around I'd say VORTECH as they can make small or really big power w/ no problems.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtigert
    I say Procharger. I've ran an cog'd F1 on my street car seeing 3-500 mile round trips, in one day, 2-3 times a month and never had any problem with it. Ran a P600B on my Cobra with 0 problems.

I've also had a Vortech SN95 and a cog'd YS trim and had no problems with either of them.

I think it's Ford-Chevy-Dodge...... Personal prefference.
    I was just wondering about your setup on the 95 was it a drivers side or the passenger side mount. I am looking to put a YSI on my 95 cobra it has a S-Trim on it now.

Junior SCH Member
    The SN95 was a blower that Paxton made several years back and it was installed on an '89 vert (Pass side). My YS was on a '91 coupe (Pass mount)..... I've read several times that the pass side YS mount have far more problems with belt issues. issues, lol