Thread: Think Vortech will ever hire anyone that isn't a retard?

Junior SCH Member

Think Vortech will ever hire anyone that isn't a retard?

I'm so tired of Vortech and their tech buffoons. I just called to find out what size hose i need to fit on a maxflow bypass valve so i can route blow off back into the power pipe, not the first time i talk to the idiot Mariano. He didn't even understand what i was talking about...after i explained he says 1.5" hose. I thought that sounded kinda small....started stabbing around their website and it says it mates to a 1.75" hose. So i call back to find out which is correct, and i speak to another person who says 2.5". Well that is even bigger than what the site says will work for a Mondo bypass (they claim 2" for that one" which is considerably bigger. I have nothing good to say about those people.....they are not helpful whatsoever. Oh yeah i've also been told to speak to Ricky Best in the past....i've left about 8 messages in the last year, still waiting for that call.
    Last edited by mainestreetking; 05-05-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    1993 LX Hatchback
    408, Canfield Heads, Trick Flow Intake, Ys trim, Gen 7, PA-Super Leaker C-4,3.27 diff, 83lbs inj,kooks 2" into 3.5 collectors, Dr. gas 3" X pipe,Bassani 3" cat back,Second Street Speed Twin in-tank Bosch,Solid roller cam,Jesel Shaft mount rockers,VP C-16,Mallory HyFire667c

10 # 10 rib TKO=625 rwhp
    17 # COG C-4=650 rwhp
    NEW SETUP(porting and valvetrain mods)
    18 # COG C-4=725 rwhp
    ...about my horsepower curve...well there isn't any curve....kinda straight up...then straight across...hahaha
    1 gallon VP C-16 $8.50
    1 supercharger COG belt $110
    Smoking the tires from a 100mph roll $PRICELESS

I know Ricky is good. I too have wondered about there customer service when I have called. I love there products but I would also like to speak to someone that doesn't sound like I have pissed them off by calling !
    ----------------
    Rock n Roll :p

Senior SCH Member
    ROFL I get that dude everytime and i had the same problem w/ a mini bypass as wella s 5 or 6 other issues that went unanswered or try this and see type of answer.

HE couldnt answer me about the hose either then i also fond it on there site...

sorry to laugh but i thought i was the only one....I can even hear him, Mariano....
    1990 GT Convertible

Senior SCH Member
    Ricky also dont return calls so donteven bother been there even with droppin names and nada.....
    1990 GT Convertible

Yup...great products, yet ***** customer service!:violent:

BTW

mini race is 1.75 and mondo is 2"!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by tstang
    Ricky also dont return calls so donteven bother been there even with droppin names and nada.....
    well ricky isnt a tech adviser or customer service......he is in race relations..hes kind of a busy man and getting ahlod of him is next to impossible unless you email him or have his cell number....
    dale@swillracing

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swilldup
    well ricky isnt a tech adviser or customer service......he is in race relations..hes kind of a busy man and getting ahlod of him is next to impossible unless you email him or have his cell number....

email i had and did a dozen times calls to his direct ext I did as well. I came to the realiztion that I was a nobody that he had no time for.

Its ok I do llike there product but I will say there tech suport needs help and there Customer relations needs a lil help as well. I was in a mag and plugged that company once it won't happen again trust me on that.
    When i tired to contact Ricky it wasnt tech oriented in fact it wa asbout anew product they developed a year back and was just gettting started on the market and not one call was returned after what i will say atleast 12 emails and atleast that many phone calls. So I said screw it guess they dont need the small guys....one day i hope that it bites them in the arse..Some companies/people tend to forget that its not only the big time racers that support there salaries and that theres many more small guys that do.
    1990 GT Convertible