Thread: Changed setups. Will the cam still work?????

Junior SCH Member

Changed setups. Will the cam still work?????

Hey guys,
    I sold all my turbo T70 stuff and bought a YS trim Vortech (shut up). It's new and came with a new A/W intercooler. I have the cam in the motor still and haven't even started it yet. It's a Cam Motion hydraulic setup for the same motor with a 70mm-85mm turbo. Will this cam still work well for a blower even though it favors the exhaust for a turbo? I'd hate to take it in the shorts for a new $290 cam that I haven't even used yet just to get another. I still hope to go with a turbo later when the new kids and money allow. Just in case that doesn't happen, I'd like to know I'm only giving up around 30hp at the crank by leaving this cam in. It's cut to rev to 7500 rpm but will only see about 6500-7000 with the blower.

Is it worth it to pull the motor, intake, pan, timing cover and cam, to sell the cam for a loss and put something else in?
    The car is being setup as an 80-90% drag car with only weekend and occasional blasts to work or the store in.
    It's a manual C-4 car with 28" DR's and 3.27's
    I have a 72 tooth crank and 30 tooth blower pulley.

Super Vr EFI with a Wilson elbow, ported Vr Jr's, Dart forged 347.
    I'm unsure of the converter yet. Not sure what stall to run, loose or tight, all that stuff.

Just wondering. What do you guys think? I'm considering not even putting the blower on and trading it off for an 85mm or so T-6 setup as I should have from the start.
    Thanks
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6
    93GT = 5.0 & SF feature Nov 05 p60

Don't do business with these bastards/ripoffs:
    Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL

how about some cam specs...duration at .050 ,lift ,and lobe sep.
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    Separation 114.2
    valve overlap 4.3
    intake centerline 110
    exhaust centerline 118
    duration intake 234/exhaust 230
    lift intake 564/exhaust 551

I have to pull the cover off anyways. I will have a month and a half to decide since I'm moving. I still want to go with a turbo kit though. I'll gather the parts while I run the blower.

Thanks for any input
    Dave

i wouldnt run it with the way the exhaust numbers are.....i might not be that bad ,but cams are cheap....
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    What do you guys think of the B-31 cam from Anderson. It's got a 114lsa and a 218/228 @.050, .544 lift.
    Is this too small? Even if I change over to a Vr 5.0 or TFS box intake?

I never thought I'd be asking the stupid "what will my car do" questions and am wondering how I got here.

Thanks for any help guys.
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6

Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL

way too small.......id do something in the area of 246 int. /256 ex. @.050 on a 114
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    I kind of figured it was. I would like to go bigger. I'm just worried about getting something that'll be no good to me at 6500-7000 because of floating. I know the blower and my motor are capable and would work great up around 7000 but I'm still using a hydraulic cam. Not really interested in a solid yet.
    I hate these decisions.
    Thanks
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6

Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL