Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
a few questions about the sn2000

Thread: a few questions about the sn2000

Junior SCH Member

a few questions about the sn2000

I just got an SN 2000 from a friend cheap because it seemed to be seized up. It spins but it is very tight. I asked a question on another message board and they told me it was normal. They also referred me to this website. Is there a spec for the rotating torque of the pulley and impeller? Also, where can I get the torque specs of all of the bolts? What kind of power will one of these support on a 350? Where can I get the pullies and brackets for an SBC? Sorry for all of the questions. I'm a little new to these things. Thanks in advanced!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    They are hard to turn and if you have a in-lb torque wrench it will take 45inlbs to rotate or less. If it turns smooth and is OK with the torque when turning your are set. 6-8psi. You can call Craig at Paradise wheels to see if he has a mount for your application if not you will need to eBay search.

Junior SCH Member
    So what kind of power can I expect this to support? Would 550hp be out of the question on a good running 350 or 383? How high can I spin this blower?

You can expect about a 35% increase at 6psi with that large of a engine. 39k rpm is max.

Junior SCH Member
    Are there any upgrades for it besides the new impeller that paradise offers?

VR4 Upgrade is the only real upgrade with a real world improvement.Twice the CFM and 14psi.

Junior SCH Member
    I don't see anything about that on Paradises website. What does this upgrade cost? I think I may just sell this blower and go with a turbo. I'm having a hard time figuring out what brackets and pulleys I have. I'll post some pics, maybe you guys can help me figure it out.

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member

Contact Craig @ Paradise Wheels

Craig would be able to tell you what it fits...If you decide to sale I'm interested...Thanks Bryan:D

Junior SCH Member
    I'm thinking it's for like a tpi corvette or something. The outlet of the charge pipe is oval shaped like a tpi intake. The bracket also seems to fit on a 350 cylinder head. I'm just not sure how the pulley would work since it has no center bolt hole. I'm going to check the rotating torque on the impeller tomorrow to make sure it's good and then I will probably put it up for sale. What is the average asking price for these?

Bryanscycle, if you're really interested PM me with an offer.

The pipes look like a TPI Corvette that I installed back in '86. I just can't remember the plate setup but I am sure I have pictures some place.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedBu
    I'm thinking it's for like a TPI Corvette or something. The outlet of the charge pipe is oval shaped like a tpi intake. The bracket also seems to fit on a 350 cylinder head. I'm just not sure how the pulley would work since it has no center bolt hole.
    You're right about the oval-shapped TPI throttle body intake of the one outlet pipe, but I don't think that setup is for a Corvette. It's most likely for a Camaro or Firebird/Trans Am.

Here's a link to my Paxton supercharger kit that I know came off of an '89 TPI Corvette, and the brackets you have don't look anything like the ones I have:

http://ca.geocities.com/thecorvettek.../supercharger/

Junior SCH Member
    This setup is for sale. Not sure what to ask but it's for sale. PM me with offers.

Junior SCH Member
    The blower is now on ebay. Ad # 8065621480