Thread: MAF troubles?????

MAF troubles?????

With the new 42#s and 80mm MAF the car starts and idles OK while warming up but will not idle otherwise. If I hold the throttle open a bit or rev it it runs fine but as soon as it gets close 1000 rpm and below I get the CEL and it dies. On rare occation I can keep it from dying by feathering the gas and the CEL goes out once the revs are up.

I have pulled and cleared the codes multiple times with only 66 KOEO coming up after running the car.

I have checked and rechecked the plugs at the MAF. I had a problem last year with the plug coming loose on my old MAF causeing a similar problem but the CEL was on continuously because of the bad connection.

Could the MAF cal be off enough that it is causing trouble at idle under low flow conditions?
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to clock the unit. Rotate the unit a little at a time and see if that corrects it.