Thread: new here, with question about rebuild

Junior SCH Member

new here, with question about rebuild

I just aquired an SN92 setup. I also got an extra head unit that has been modified to make more boost than stock(I guess it has a different impeller), but the bearings failed for one reason or another and it is disassembled right now. I have the complete rebuild kit, and I'm hoping that someone here can help with the assembly. I remember riding in my buddy's car with both of these supercharges on it. Seems to me the stocker makes like 5 or 6lbs, but I remember the modded one making somewhere around 9..........and it sounded alot cooler too. Maybe someone has a step by step with specs and tolerances. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Senior SCH Member
    Search the word "rebuild" in this forum and you'll find a wealth of info, as most of us here have gotten into the blower at one time or another.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    pavement pounder has a series of pictures that are pretty helpfull. They are of a sn93, but it's almost identical to an sn92. Like f=ma said, search under rebuild, and you will find the links to his info.

My sn92 is currently torn apart on my bench waiting for my new (used) races to arive from Craig. Most of the information you could need can be found by searching under rebuild though. These things are really pretty simple inside. You'll find all the torque specs and such.

Jeff