Thread: SN93 on fox mustang belt size?

Junior SCH Member

SN93 on fox mustang belt size?

I am looking for a belt size or part number for the serpentine belt on a fox 5.0 with all accesories and stock pulleys.....thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Confused...Are you looking for the blower belt or the accessory belt since you mention stock pulleys? If your looking for the blower belt what size pulley is on the blower and crank? If your talking about the main belt go to www.autozone.com and your search will be over.

Junior SCH Member
    stock pulleys................I do not have underdrive pulleys. The stock serpentine belt is too long and allows the belt tensioner to swing down enough to come into contact with the water pump pulley. I thought maybe a shorter belt was required, but maybe I'm having this problem because I used a newer style hight amp alternator and had to fabricate a little to make it fit.

Junior SCH Member
    side note.............I traded some parts I had laying around the garage for this supercharger setup. It's just the base model SN93 kit. My car is a 90 notch that is basically stock, with the exception of 3.73s, O/R Xpipe, and IMCOs with dumps. Everything else is bone stock. I bolted this blower on, not expecting much.......but OMG what a difference. My last mustang was a 93 GT with heads, cam, intake, exhaust, gears, MAF, injectors, throttle body, suspension, etc. It ran 12.60s, well tuned on slicks and I think my stock notch with this blower would just about hang with it. I wish I would have realized this then..........it would have saved me lots of $$$$:weird:

Senior SCH Member
    Probably just stretched and a new stocker will be fine but, you can get one of those flat tape measures out of the wife's sewing kit and figure out the length you need for all belts.

HO

"Giving engines artificial respiration since 1990." hehe
    Last edited by F=MA; 07-24-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    If all else fails you can always grind the nipple on the back the tensioner and reroute the belt so you tension away from the water pump pulley then just tighten the big nut on the tensioner again when set:)
    STOCK BLOCK 347 AFR 185'S EFI SPYDER 11:1 MIGHTY MIGHT C4 11.01 @ 122 NA 10.05 @132 1.40 60 FT
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS