Thread: VR4 Articles

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar

VR4 Articles

I posted two VR4 Mustangs from the Sept 94 Shootout. These cars came in 2nd and 3rd. Look at the build they are really simple compared to parts we have today. I also put up a article on the upgrade from a SN to a VR4.

SCH Member
    Speedy,

Have you seen, and or do you have any of the CNC-machined impellers that they show on page 4 of the VR-4 article? The fin design is much more aggressive than what the "stock" VR-4 impeller has. Tell us what you know about them.

Thanks,
    Brian

That is the Impeller I have on my street car and it is also the ones I used on my Twin Setup I just sold. I have been told it is the same as the Novi 2000. They took the VR4 impeller and put them on the Novi 2000 when it came out on the early model units. Some place on this board is a Forum about who has the first Novi 2000 serial numbers because they have the best impeller which is the bullit proof CNC units. I had 4 VR4s they all had the billet impellers which was a $300 option back in '93 but then my units all sold for about $3500 back then which was a crime but was the only race units that could produce the power needed to run high 9's. After the Novi 2000 came out they found cheaper ways to produce the impellers and the CNC units dropped from production. My impellers are rated at over 80k RPM and the fins do not flex which keeps the boost at a constant rate. Paxton made these impellers and when I tried back in the late 90's to find more of them to produce additional VR4 kits the program for the impeller was gone and never reproduced. I wish someway somehow this program would be floating around when Craig at Paradise purchased the rights but no such luck.

Junior SCH Member
    Speedy,

Back about a year ago you posted about a shop that may be able to create a cnc impeller for the VR4's. I'm assuming this was different than the Paxton version in your articles you posted. I was curious if anything ever came of that.

thanks

Jim

I made 2 different styles but the cost is not worth it for a limited number of users to divide the cost.

SCH Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    I posted two VR4 Mustangs from the Sept 94 Shootout. These cars came in 2nd and 3rd. Look at the build they are really simple compared to parts we have today. I also put up a article on the upgrade from a SN to a VR4.
    Does these articles are still online? Thanks!

I have then, but will need to rescan. We lost all articles and pictures when the site had a upgrade a year back.

SCH Member
    I was just curious abotu them... just scan them if you have some spare time, it would be great to see them ;)