Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
how much oil with a cooler?

Thread: how much oil with a cooler?

SCH Member

Question how much oil with a cooler?

Me again with my neverending projects :P

I've made my own oil cooler for the SN-92 and I was wondering how much oile do you put into this system with the cooler. Obviously, it should be more than without cooler...

I was thinking about filler the SN like noramlly done, then have the cooler system filled with oil and go that way... is this sounds correct ??

Thanks for your help!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Correct. If the cooler you purchased has the fluid holding listed it makes it easier. I put both lines on the cooler while off the car and fill the line till it comes out the other end then check and add in what the blower uses.

SCH Member
    thanks! that make a lot of sense to me ;)

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    yes, that's how I do it
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    I've finished my cooler last week, seems that everything works just perfect. I would like to test it for longer to be sure it does the job right before selling on my website and over here on the forum. I'll let you know guys when ready for sale ;)

SCH Member
    Updates

the dipstick cooler still runs perfect with not a drop of oil getting out of the system. I'll start a thread to see if some of you guys might be interested in getting one. I'll put it on my company website also found at www.mrzperformance.com ;)

SCH Member
    How much will the cooler cost and are they on our web site.

SCH Member
    I did not figured a price yet and it's not on the website also. I'll get a closer look at it during the next week and keep you guys updated. I'll prolly sell only the dipstick alnoe since most people take the components they want to build thier own cooler. This way you'll also save on shipping. If some people request complete kits, I'll also sell them.

I'll keep you guys updated and start a new thread when everything is ready for sale ;)