Thread: NHBB cross reference #s for races?

Junior SCH Member

NHBB cross reference #s for races?

somebody posted the cross reference #s for the NHBB races, but now I can't find it. Does anybody have this information? I know, I know.......I can buy new ones from paradise wheels etc,....but they are in the business of making money and I am all for saving money. If they can buy these races somewhere........so can we. I bought the correct bearings already, at a fraction of the cost. I called paradise wheels last week, and even though the gentleman that I talked to on the phone sounded very knowledgeable.....I can't stand being talked to like I'm stupid. Maybe that wasn't his intention, but that's how he came accross to me. He told my that I could drill out the six rivits on the front of my SN93, but then I would have to "find a way to hold it back together". I drilled them, used a little hi temp permatex on the heads....works fine with no leaks now. Plus he wanted over $700 to rebuild a unit that (according to thes forum) is so easy to rebuild. He will not get my money. So, If I cannot find parts to service these superchargers on my own, I guess I will just sell it while it works and buy a newer unit, that replacement parts can be obtained through the manufacturer.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    News for you, any other Supercharger company(Manufacture 'Paxton,Procharger,Vortech') will not sell you the parts so be lucky that Paradise will. I myself can't remember anyone coming up with a cross reference for the races, but be nice if someone has.

Junior SCH Member
    where do the races come from in the rebuild kits sold on superchargersonline? Are all those parts purchased from paradise? What about c.u.n.d.n. racing, his are purchased from paradise? I'm not being sarcastic....I just want to know. The only reason I even started looking on my own is because I found the balls so cheap. I bought 12 of them (they come in packages of 3) for under $20. I was told that these would not work, because they are not matched, but they all measure out perfectly the same in every way and seem to be working fine. They were like $1.67 each as opposed to $10 each.

Not sure but probably because even with my business Lic. and buying power the NHBB rep. that I spoke with about a year ago would not allow me to purchase anything with the part numbers for the races because I was told they are a specialty Lic. product to the customer they manufacture for. He would not give me the name but I knew it was Paradise Wheels. I tried to get Granatelli to help me but he could not since he no longer has rights to the parts. The balls are easy to get and can be had for under $1 each in lots of 100 but the balls are used for many other production devices. The balls just need to be the correct hardness to keep from destroying that impeller shaft that has become very expense when I was paying only $55 and now I think they are over $150. Some have come up with the bearings but not sure about that 3-rib rear seal which is another NHBB part number.

Junior SCH Member
    ok....so then you were once on the same page as me with this. Lol...you should have just said that you have tried the same thing off the bat.

I had time...I enjoy telling a story. LOL