Thread: Put in 42lb injectors and nw it won't run!!!

Junior SCH Member

Put in 42lb injectors and nw it won't run!!!

I put in some 42lb injectors and it ran for 10minutes with lots of black smoke and then it died and I can't get it started again.

I'm getting it tuned but I was hoping to be able to drive it down. Guess not, fawk.

Does this sound normal? I don't want to blame it on the injectors and needing a tune and not realize there is something I forgot.

I replaced the 30lb injectors because they were old and pluged. I'm assuming since the last tune was on those the settings were richened up to make up and now the flow great and even more lb/hr so it pouring in. I could really smell the gas in the exhasut.

Thanks.

SCH Member
    Did you try putting the 30's back in? I wonder if the 42's just skewed the A/F ratio out of whack so bad now the ECM is left scratching its head? (especially w/o a tune)

Junior SCH Member

Smile

Hey there, if you have an adjustable fuel regulator, you can turn down the pressure a bit so that it mimics 30#. I had to do this to pass the emissions test in Canada. There is actually a formula for it which I will find for you if you really want it (you can basically make injectors act bigger or smaller by manipulating the pressure through them). With the spout removed, I reset my fuel pressure to 27psi so that my 24# injectors acted more like 19#.

Oh, by the way, to keep your injectors clean run an occasional tank of ethanol blend through it (the alcohol breaks down the gunk if you use it occasionally).

Good luck!
    Andrew

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Did you replace the MAS to match the injectors size because your computer has no idea what to do reading a meter set for 19lb or 30lb injectors.

Junior SCH Member
    The tuner burnt me a rough chip so I was able to drive it down and get it tuned. It was just way too rich.

It's all good now.

310hp/325tp at the wheels. Just gotta do something about the heads and cam...