Thread: ford type FA oil ok???

Senior SCH Member

ford type FA oil ok???

I was not sure if our blowers can run safe on ford type FA. IT says type F? I just finished rebuilding my unit again:(, flushed my cooler with ford type FA, then drained it, filled it with trick-shift because I know we can use that stuff. I was having a difficult time finding the basic ford type F fluid. I know this topic has been beaten to death, and I have asked similar Q's in the past. Just wondering about the type F vs Type FA.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Valvoline Type FA is a high-quality transmission fluid specifically engineered to protect and prolong the life of automatic transmissions. It is designed for use where Ford specifications M2C33-F, M2C33-G and Ford Type F fluids are recommended.

Provides excellent resistance against clutch slippage for extended transmission life
    Provides excellent resistance to fluid oxidation/breakdown at high temperatures
    Approved for 1980 and earlier Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles
    Approved for use in Mazda, Saab, Toyota, Volvo and other Japanese and European vehicles requiring a Type F fluid
    Other applications include air compressors, general purpose hydraulics and power steering systems

Senior SCH Member
    So is this stuff safe to put in our superchargers? And how good or bad is the trickshift fluid for our blowers?