Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got my SN-93!

Thread: Got my SN-93!

SCH Member

Got my SN-93!

I got this today, I will post pics of the rest later but here is the unit itself after I wiped it up some. It feels pretty tight and is hard to turn by hand. Stock pulley still on it Here is a pic of the crabk pulley that came with it as well..is this the correct one?? It looks like an ASP underdrive unit to me...

1993 Mustang LX
    Reef Blue, 5spd, too much to list!

1993 Mustang GT SOLD :(
    Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

12.774@111.147 with a 1.90 60ft on Nittos and 3000 rpm launch :)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It is a good pulley unit and yes it is the under drive unit with the 6 5/8" blower pulley. That is a big plus.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    It is a good pulley unit and yes it is the under drive unit with the 6 5/8" blower pulley. That is a big plus.
    The SC feels really tight..how can I check it? It looks like it may be leaking fluid from behind the pulley though. I will take more pics tomorrow if it helps.

The guy that had it was getting some serious belt slip as there is a ton of belt rubber on the tensioner assembly. The crank pulley looks like it was barely used at all.

You still have that discharge? ;) You are right about the plastic one being a little cheesy.
    1993 Mustang LX

Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

I still have the discharge tube. Just make sure you use Type 'F' or 'FA' and it will probably take care of the leak unless the seal is torn. If it is tight that is excellent just turn it and make sure it is smooth and no notch. If you have a inlb torque wrench you want to see 38 inlbs to rotate the front pulley.The belt needs to be really tight so that when the engine revs up and down that the belt does not vibrate which causes slack and belt dust. The other problem can be the take-up pulley is not strong enough to get the tension on the belt or he did not have the main bracket tight on the engine block.

SCH Member
    I still have the discharge tube. Just make sure you use Type 'F' or 'FA' and it will probably take care of the leak unless the seal is torn. If it is tight that is excellent just turn it and make sure it is smooth and no notch. If you have a inlb torque wrench you want to see 38 inlbs to rotate the front pulley.The belt needs to be really tight so that when the engine revs up and down that the belt does not vibrate which causes slack and belt dust. The other problem can be the take-up pulley is not strong enough to get the tension on the belt or he did not have the main bracket tight on the engine block.
    Hmm..I'll try turning it again and see if it is notchy or not. It feels really tight though with no play in the shaft at all. How can I pop the cap off the pulley without destroying it? The guy had it on a 93 Cobra nad had no boost gauge...and has no idea what it made for boost.
    1993 Mustang LX

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    You can try prying the dustcover of with a small screwdriver, but mostlikely you will bent the metal thingy that holds the cover, it is there for show only.
    If you have kept the unit upsidedown, with the pulley downwards there can leak some oil along the shaft, that is normal.
    It has to be mounted with the dipstick straight up so then it can not leak anymore.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

That cap is to be destroyed that is the idea so that they can void the warranty if a pulley change. I am sure he was getting 5psi I have never seen one not produce that on a stock Mustang.

SCH Member
    That cap is to be destroyed that is the idea so that they can void the warranty if a pulley change. I am sure he was getting 5psi I have never seen one not produce that on a stock Mustang.
    Thats true, I forgot the same exact one came on my cousin's NOVI 1000. So I have to do that in order to check the unit?
    1993 Mustang LX

SCH Member
    I turned it and it feels a little notchy to me, not smooth. :(
    1993 Mustang LX

Does it have any fluid in it to lubricate the ball drive?

SCH Member
    Does it have any fluid in it to lubricate the ball drive?
    Not unless there is still some in it, I doubt it. Should I put some in it and then try it out?
    1993 Mustang LX

Put some in so that the unit has lube on the drive and see if it feels smoother.

SCH Member
    I'm thinking I might as well rebuild it anyway before I use it, whats the best kit and where do I buy it?
    1993 Mustang LX

Do a search and you should find the number for Paradise Wheels or do a Google Search. $400 for a rebuild kit but no reason to replace things if not broken. Take it apart and check the balls, impeller shaft and the races.

Junior SCH Member
    Where can i buy pulleys for my sn 92 set up