Thread: Tuning device

Junior SCH Member

Cool Tuning device

What do guys think is the best bang for your buck when it comes to tunning devices. There's so many ways you can go I don't know where to start. Some people say a (piggy back system with an injector in the intake tube) or a (harness/software to tap in the factory computer) or a ( custom chip ) or a (standalone system) I know that the standalone is probably the better way, but I talked to some people that have one and they still can't figure out how to use it properly, and the've had it for a while, it sounds complicated or i'm I just getting bum information. Any experienced knowledge would be appreciated.

Senior SCH Member
    What's your application? For 5.0, I've used the Interceptor II which the Anderson PMS is based on. worked fine and had a simple interface, the same thing the PMS users report. Not "infinitely tuneable" but, it depends on what you're trying to do.

F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    Tuner pro RT is inexpensive and you can get the products needed from craig moates to connect your laptop to the ECM. Moates.net

First off check out stangtuning.com,

I think you should get something you can use easily. A PMS is a great tuning tool that is easy to learn.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Based on Make/Model and personal skill.