Thread: NEED BD-11A HELP

Junior SCH Member

NEED BD-11A HELP

OK ILL START BY SAYING IM PICKING UP A BLOWER FOR CHEAP BUT IT NEEDS A NEW INTERNAL BELT!?!?! IS THIS EASY TO DO?? BD-11A, IT WAS REBUILT A YEAR AGO!? I HAVE A PRETTY STOCK MOTOR WITH SOME MODS...ARE THE 24LB INJECTORS AND 255 FUEL PUMP SUFFICIENT WITH A 6LB SET-UP, OR A 9LB I HAVE THAT PULLEY ALSO..? AND DO YOU NEED A BLOWER IGNITION, TIMING RETARD, CHIP, ETC.... NEED ALOT OF HELP...... THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY USEFUL INFO...I KNOW A BUNCH ABOUT MUSTANGS BUT NOT BLOWERS SO THANKS AGAIN

SCH Member
    You might as well get a complete rebuild kit with the bearings. Make sure to only get the Gates Kevlar belt.

You will need a different disk for the FMU with the 24lbers unless it was used with 24lbers before and already has been changed.

There is not much to them but if you don't think you can handle it you may want to have someone that does them all the time. There is a place online that deals with them alot for the Porsche 928's and does a good job.

I ran the FMU with my stock 19lbers and 9lb pulley on a stock car pretty much with no issues. Set the timing at maybe 10* max and then add some good 93 octane at all times....
    1993 Mustang LX
    Reef Blue, 5spd, too much to list!

1993 Mustang GT SOLD :(
    Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

12.774@111.147 with a 1.90 60ft on Nittos and 3000 rpm launch :)

Junior SCH Member
    THANKS ALOT, I DIDNT KNOW HOW EASY TO GET THE BEARING OUT OF THE OLD ONE AND IF THEYRE SHIMMED AND ALL BUT ILL LOOK INTO IT....THE MAIN THING WAS EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME I NEED AN MSD FOR BLOWERS, A COMPUTER CHIP, ETC... BUT JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE....THANKS AGAIN I GUESS ILL PICK THIS THING UP...