Thread: The point of diminishing returns?

The point of diminishing returns?

I am thinking about going to a 7" ASP crank pulley ($130) but I'm concerned about how efficient the Novi will be. I'd guess that the 7" would put me between 10-12 psi. I still have stock heads, intake, and tb and was wondering at what boost level the Novi starts to lose efficiency.

At 12 psi, I'd imagine that the air intake temps would be alot higher than at 7 psi. Is this something that I should be concerned with?
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

I have been pondering this myself.

I think I'm gonna try a 7.5" pulley with my new P head combo.

I am trying to avoid buying new injectors though.

It's gonna sort of be a stretch with the 30 pounders as it is using the F 150 pulley and P heads.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I was thinking about a 7.5" but I think that'll push the 1k a little too much.

I think it's fine especially for the 1/4 mile. If you were gonna flog this car for hours on the street or a road course than it may start to heat the intake tract up a little too much and start to detonate.

I don't figure that I will be producing much more than about 10 or 11psi with the flow I will have with the P heads.

Remember boost is a product of restriction. The heat the compressor generates is also relative to the amount of restriction that it see's.

The morral of the story is that with a 7.5" pulley and stock heads it might make 13+ psi and the air temp would be hotter than the same pulley on heads that flow better with less psi being produced and therefore the airtemps would be cooler.

LOL maybe someone else can explain this better.:)

I always look towards Chris (Goliath) his car pulled like crazy from 2K to 6500! He was getting 15lbs out of the little 1K.

Ian