Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How much FT/lbs to turn over SN2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much FT/lbs to turn over SN2000

Junior SCH Member
    Found out the problem, The 6 bolts that are inside were not torqued. The jackass that rebuilt this thing didn't torque any of them, three I could remove with just my fingers and the other three were sitting down in the bottom just hanging out. I put it all back together and it held boost. 7 PSI actually. No screaming or loud noises. It does have a small whine that is intermittent at idle. If I go above idle; around 1200 RPM the whine goes away. Any ideas? Thanks,
    TJ

Senior SCH Member
    um...it's a supercharger...a little whine is normal. Mine is very slight while I'm underhood but, not audible elsewhere. No doubt due to the subtle combination of forced induction, an off-road H and Flow 2s.

Apparently, you found the one cross-eyed monkey that couldn't rebuild this thing. :(

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    I guess I did..LOL. I can hear the whine when I am in the car with the windows down. Do you think that maybe when I tightened down on the races that it may have pushed the impellar forward and it's rubbing?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Take the belt off and turn by hand if the impeller is hitting the case it will sound like a tin ping.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    great, you found and fixed your problem
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw