Thread: sn 93 install problems

Junior SCH Member

sn 93 install problems

my sn 93 kit came with a 1 piece crankshaft pulley and when I try to tighten the bolts, they are to close to the walls of the pulley to get a socket on them. Was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. The Head Unit came from cundn racing, but I think the rest of the kit came new from Paradise Wheels. I tried to call paradise but the answering machine says their only open tues thru thurs, that kinda sucks !!!!!!! Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The crank pulley should not use bolts but large hex bolts so that they are round and clear the sides of the pulley.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    The crank pulley should not use bolts but large hex bolts so that they are round and clear the sides of the pulley.

Are you refering to the type of bolts that came on the stock pulley? Don't guess I know what you mean by hex bolts.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The stock pulley used regular bolts.
    The female hex bolt is what is used on underdrive pulleys and one piece pulleys.
    http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_ima...letproof_4.jpg

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    The stock pulley used regular bolts.
    The female hex bolt is what is used on underdrive pulleys and one piece pulleys.
    http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_ima...letproof_4.jpg
    Kinda slow, but I got it now!!!!! Thank's alot

Junior SCH Member
    The instructions say I should be able to use the stock belt, but it seem's to be to long. I double checked to make sure I had it ran right and it is. Ever had that problem with one of these kit's?? Any idea what length I need ????
    Last edited by smileyjoecook; 05-25-2007 at 08:21 PM.