Thread: SN question

Junior SCH Member

SN question

Ok, I have a couple questions. Talk to me like I am in the second grade so that I can get this straight. I have a 93 LX with a freshly rebulit SN89. (old school i know) I am boosting 8PSI measured off the intake manifold. This seems high to me, but I will go with what the brang new autometer VAC/Boost gauge is telling me. I go the upgraded impeller and I am using stock pulleys.

#1 I see a bunch of stuff on the old threads about blowoff vaulves and such. My car is a 93 and came with the 5.0 so I am assuming my car IS a MAF car. This is correct?

#2 I will not be frying the S/C if I goto a 3.75 or 3.5 pulley.

#3 If I can use the blowoff vaulve, can someone post step by step instruction for installing one. I have the plastic pipe now, so I assume I will need to get metal pipe, the vaulve, as well as the tubing.

If the above is true does anyone have the following setting around that they want to sell
    --Metal intake pipe
    --Metal outlet pipe
    --3.75 or 3.5 pully for an SN89

Thanks and here is a link to tke a look at my setup. Thanks again in advance for the help.

Skip
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681563

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    #1- Yes MAF
    #2- 3.75 max and your belt will probably slip with only a 6-rib. Probably gain nothing at higher rpm because of belt slip.
    #3- Search and you can find pictures/drawings but it just goes between the intake and discharge pipe. You can use the plastic pipes. Drill holes on both pipes and install the valve between the pipes.15 minutes install.
    #4- Your Choice if you want the Aluminum Discharge Pipe(Average Price $150) and a Power Pipe from UPR.(Cheapest at $99). I would just save the $250 till you find a bargain used and drill the plastic pipes.