Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
sn-89 charger on mustang help

Thread: sn-89 charger on mustang help

SCH Member

sn-89 charger on mustang help

i just purchased this sn-89 kit on ebay its going on my 90 mustang that is completly stock except for 373 gears and exhaust please check out the kit and let me no what you think and if im going to need anything else to make it work here is the item # 260233972529 will i b able to use this without any other mods thanks in advance for any help

Senior SCH Member
    It looks like everything is there, if a bit rough around the edges. You can use this on a mass air or speed density Mustang without any other mods, if you stick to 5 pounds boost and use the FMU.

I have a similar setup on my basically stock longblock '88 5.0 and it make ~320 horse on 5 pounds boost. That's with E7 heads and factory manifolding.

F=MA

SCH Member
    ok thanks for the help it says it comes with a optional oil cooler pump how do i hook this up?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Use a switched +, so when you start the car the pump starts pumping.
    On the dipsticktube are lines witch say minimum and maximum.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    so what the minimum and maximum mean??

SCH Member
    is there any way i could find out if my fmu is calibrated for stock injectors? or how cld i get it recalibrated

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    It means the oil level just like your engine dipstick.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Senior SCH Member
    The stock disc inside the FMU is a 14:1 unit. It's a really big disc, near 3" across if I remember right.

F=MA

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The 19lb disc is the size of the FMU with very little clearance around it.

SCH Member
    thanks for all your help guys im new to superchargers...another question since it comes with a oil cooler pump but not a cooler what should i do? or wher can i find the cooler or how could i hook it up with out using the pump?

Senior SCH Member
    Just go to any auto parts store and buy a small, cheap, trans or power steering fluid cooler and mount it in front of the rad.

F=MA