Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN93 Noise

Thread: SN93 Noise

Junior SCH Member

SN93 Noise

Would appreciate any help here. After some passes at the track my blower became louder. I took the belt off until I can repair it. It still spins OK and was making boost. Does anyone know if this would need a complete rebuild or just bearings? What should I look for?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    first turn the pulley by hand, does it turn thight and smooth or ratchet like ?
    Wat kind of noise do you here ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Senior SCH Member
    IMHO, any change in noise from this blower indicated imminent destruction. There is a very slight sound the blower makes in operation, if you listen carefully under the hood. If it suddenly gets louder, it's pulled a chunk out of the race or impeller shaft and the problem will only get worse. After a bit, the blower will sound like a busted power steering pump and that's it for that.

I've rebuilt mine twice on the cheap, just replacing the failed part. Total cost so far, about $300 for 5+ years of drag racing and street duty so, I can't complain.

F=MA