Thread: Pulley ?

Junior SCH Member

Pulley ?

I have a few questions on the pulleys for the SN series Paxtons.

I'm having the issue with the belt jumping off. I have checked alignment of the pullies and and everything. the only conclusion I can come up with it the charger pulley itself. Since I'm using a stock pulley right now ( 4.25") I have noticed that there is no lip edge on it, the ribs are even with the edge of the pulley. Is the pulley supposed to be like this or was this something someone did a custom job on?
    Keep the old school, old school

Senior SCH Member
    Mine has edge on it. doesnt sound stock. regardless you think the ribs would hold it on.

If its tight and alignment is there it should stay on?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It should have raised edges. Is the pulley steel?
    Are you sure the blower bracket is not flexing?
    When under the hood take throttle and snap it fast to allow the engine torque to build and watch the blower. Blip it to about 5k rpm and when you let go watch the belt and see if it flutters.

Junior SCH Member
    There is no raised edges on the pulley. Matter of fact the ribs are not grooved too deep. but I have found the culprit, the input shaft is off. enough to get a wobble effect. I have a buddy of mine, who took a micrometer to it and it was enough for him to see where the problem was. SInce I have him cutting me some pulleys, and he was getting dimension, he is gonna do a new input shaft or work with the one I have so it is even.

Luckily I found the problem and more lucky that I have a friend who is a CNC machinist with access to the tools to help out, saves me some money.

Now it is to disassemble the unit.

BTW: the stock pulley that I have, I have to believe it is aftermarket.
    Keep the old school, old school