Thread: dist.

Senior SCH Member

dist.

i have noticed on the pics on here that the control module is out front ..when mine is up close the the water neck on the intake...why is that...would having the distribiture be that far back work right, im i doing it right..mine is way left

Your distributer is a tooth out from the ones your looking at.

It doesnt matter really as there is enough rotation to get it in either position.

Nothing to worry about Ian's and mine were a tooth out from eachother and it freaked me out a bit at first but when you put the timing gun on they were fine.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

The position of the module on the distributor doesn't matter....

It all depends on where someone put top dead center.. it could be on the back, it could be anywhere. it all depends on how you put the distributor in and where top dead center is... the module position means nothing...

Just use a timeing lite :)

Senior SCH Member
    cool thanks... im going to have mine rechecked by someone who knows whats u anyhow...because i get weird sounds not pinging but ticking noise from timing....if its up to high but it notpinging...strange