Thread: SN2000 to a VR-4 Upgrade

SCH Member

SN2000 to a VR-4 Upgrade

I was gonna call Cliff at Cundn and ask about the VR-4 upgrade? How much are they and how much more boost do you get over the SN2000 with the high output impeller.

I have an 89LX with a stock block and heads with a BBK-SSI intake. So far I have seen 5-6 PSI in the top end of third with 373's? I love what it has done for my car so far. I have a brand new block on the stand and am planning on larger heads (Not Sure how large of an intake runner as I don't want to lose PSI trying to fill the space) Larger throttle body?(maybe a 70mm) seems to be popular, and a larger set of of injectors 24's?? I also want a larger Mass Air Flow and a good Cam (Thinking of the E?? for emmisions legality). I am looking at the Keith Black Forged Pistons and Scat Rods. I already have a brand new Ford Racing Balanced CrankShaft. I am also planning on the PMS computer and I am already running the Automatic computer in my 5-speed car. I also have a Tremec TKO500 coarse spline 5 speed with the bellhousing does anyone know if the clutch is the same as a T5 or is it larger diameter ?? Thanks for any and all help just want it to get up and go. Would I gain on the stock motor configuration with a Methanol injection "with out" messing with timing in the computer or would I only notice an improvement by Dyno tuning or PMS tuning the car's timing ?? I also have the wide band Air Fuel gauge set up from Autometer to fine tune the car as well.

Thanks again for any and all your help!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    8 years ago I was paying $800 new when Paxton was still making the upgrades. The unit will double to 1600 cfm and 14-16 psi.

SCH Member
    Okay thanks for the quick response! I e-mailed Cliff at Cundn and he might have some made up in Dallas if they can do it. I also contacted solanki performance and he said his supplier in Brazil is now out of business and he doesn't have anymore.. I had read on here somewhere Craig at Paradise Wheels was to make some up if he had 15 or more orders. I love the Supercharger and what it has done for me so far but like everyone else I just crave "More" Thanks again for all your help.

Todd