Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Is it possable to run a S trim WITHOUT a smog eliminiator on a foxbody stang ?

Thread: Is it possable to run a S trim WITHOUT a smog eliminiator on a foxbody stang ?

Junior SCH Member

Is it possable to run a S trim WITHOUT a smog eliminiator on a foxbody stang ?

Just wondering , We are doing an install on my bosses GT and we don't run a smog pump and was told I could just put the alt. where the smog pump would go . Any truth to this ? also If you can what length belt do you use with the underdrive pulley setup ? Thanks a ton !!!!
    2002 mustang GT auto , off rd x pipe , so S trim v-1 , 42 pd injectors , 255 in tank pump , autologic chip , In need of gears BAD !!!

Nope it is not.. I had to buy a smog pump eliminator from UPR.. cost about $50.00
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

Junior SCH Member
    I was writing to let you know that it could be done. The guy that installed my supercharger helped make a bracket that we used that completely did away with the smog pump. I will take a look at the design this weekend and let you know more about it. I may even be able to get some pictures. let me know what you think.

Jeremy
    Mexican Based 331 all forged and H-Beamed
    Custom Grind Supercharger Cam
    AFR 205's
    Holley SystemMax Stage 3 Ported Intake
    Paxton Novi 2000

A picture would be kick ***.... I'd like to eliminate my smog pump eliminator...
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

Junior SCH Member
    I willl take some pictures this weekend. let me know an email address that I can send the pics to.

Thanks
    Jeremy
    Mexican Based 331 all forged and H-Beamed
    Custom Grind Supercharger Cam
    AFR 205's
    Holley SystemMax Stage 3 Ported Intake
    Paxton Novi 2000

Send them to OneBad93LX@insightbb.com

I can post them on here if you like...

<<<TXS>>>

Senior SCH Member
    just remember if you delete the smog pump or eliminate the eliminator you need to make a brace that goes in between the brackets where the upper smog mount was, reason being is that there is no support on the bottom of the bracket if nothing is there, this will cause major bracket flex under boost. I know this cause I had this problem, its easy to make a brace, just take a piece of all thread and cut it down to go thru both brackets, then a nut on the insides and outsides(4 nuts), and your golden, no flex.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    Hey spence, can you get or do you have any drag radials sittin around the shop?

Senior SCH Member
    sorry, my last worn out set we put on our latest shop Drag Radial project(orange crush )

are you lookin for 325s or another size, I do have a good outlet for them if they are in production.
    Spence

8.96/160