Thread: sn93 on 351w???

Junior SCH Member

sn93 on 351w???

a friend gave me a sn93 and i was going to put it on my 5.0 but now i have a 351w could it still work on the 351 or would it be too much displacement? would it still build decent boost? it has the improved impeller. all this is going on my 65 mustang.

I think we'll need a bit more information about your 351W before determining whether or not the SN93 will be of any use to you. For example: what heads, cam, intake/plenum will you be using on the 351W? This kind of information will help roughly determine how much flow (CFM) the engine may have.

Junior SCH Member
    it will be fuel injected. stock ford unit off a crown vic (upper) and truck (lower) both 86-93 units. no throttle body yet. stock to mild cam depends on anwser... D0OE-G HEADS 1.84/1.54 and i have a set of 24lb. injectors but can upgrade if needed. most of this was going on my mexican block 302 but i rather gaing some cubes with the 351w. so will this work and what kind of hp will i see??

Unfortunately, you still haven't provided enough hard information to estimate what kind of horsepower your engine would make, either with or without the SN93. Without knowing cylinder head flow-rates (are the heads ported or stock), cam specifications (lift/duration), manifold flow rate (both upper and lower), throttle body size/diameter, and whether you're using a stock cast iron or aftermarket tubular exhaust header (and what manufacturer/type/style/etc...), with the information you've provided I think I'm safe in saying that any horsepower number I (or anyone) throw out at you will be a wild (and incredibly inaccurate) guess at best.

However, from everything I've read (I should mention I am not an expert with respect to Ford engines, so hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in soon) given the combination you've mentioned, the SN93 you have will work fine and you should see a sizable increase in power.

But as to how much power you'll see, unfortunately I couldn't even begin to harbor a guess.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks Michael I just want a mild engine set up that can improve some with the sn93. this is a car I want to drive everyday to work. but have some power when needed.