Thread: Would this work?

Would this work?

I was able to get an aluminum radiator for my Falcon wagon project that has a trans cooler built next to the radiator (when I was going to run an auto). Now that I have taken posession of an SN-92 and am going with a T-5, could the trans cooler work as a supercharger cooler (with the use of an external pump)?

In theory, yes it should work. Assuming you can run the lines and can get (or already have) the proper fittings, then in theory it's possible. And when you figure the supercharger uses Type F transmission fluid, then one could also argue there won't be any issues between the fluid and the cooler itself with respect to compatibility.

My only concern would be the temperature at which the returning oil would be after going through the trans cooler. The temperatures of the returning fluid may be fine for an automatic transmission, but they may be too hot (or too cold... if that's possible) for the supercharger.

But, it's worth a try. Worse case scenario: you'll have to get a separate, external cooler for the blower. But since you'll already have the pump and lines, it won't be a difficult retrofit.