Thread: newby needing some help on a GSS

Junior SCH Member

newby needing some help on a GSS

Very glad to have found your forum. This is my first time dealing with a sc. I came across a good deal on a GSS and need a little guidance. I have a 86 Mustang with a stock bottom end, including the flat top pistons. The mods are ported/polished E-7 heads, shortie hedders, h-pipe with flowmasters, Explorer upper/lower,65mm tb, converted to maf, and 1.7 rockers. I already have a 155mph pump and I purchased 24# injectors/maf tube, and a adj. reg. I will only be running 5lbs and have no plans to increase. Will I be safe? Any help will be appreciated.

Junior SCH Member
    Welcome to the world of boost, it is very addictive. Personally if it were me I would go with a 255lph fuel pump although the 155 should work at low boost. If your only going with 24lb. injectors you'll need an fmu to increase fuel pressure under boost and a BTM to retard timing under boost. The best way to go, but not the cheapest, is a chip/tune then you wouldn't need an fmu or btm to keep a/f ratios safe. The other thing that is important to have on a boosted car is a good wideband air fuel gauge, this way you can keep an eye on your a/f ratios.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info. The instructions didn't come with the sc. Anyone have a copy I can download? I also didn't get the belt. Anyone know what size?

Junior SCH Member
    I'm looking for a fmu, what ratio will I need?

Welcome to SCH!

I have the installation instructions as a PDF file. I'll email them to you in a little while, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Junior SCH Member
    will do, thanks!!

Sent. I hope it helps.

Junior SCH Member
    I believe 8:1 fmu for 24lb. injectors

Junior SCH Member
    thanks guys!
    since I've taken the smog off will I have to get a smog pump eliminator?

Junior SCH Member
    Since I still run the smog pump on mine (CT. emissions), I'm not positive but I would imagine you coud run it without and just use a shorter belt.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the help guys. I finally made the time to get it all installed today.