Thread: Impeller

Senior SCH Member

Impeller

I recently put an oil cooler on my sn2000 and got 1.5 lbs of boost i was pushing 7lbs now i am at 8.5 at 5000 r.p.m that's with a stock impeller. How much boost can you expect from a high performance impeller?

With the high-output impeller from Paradise Wheels, I think you will see an additional 1.0-1.5psi of boost, which would get you to 9.5-10psi. But that's rough... you'd have to install it and see what the actual result will be. But for the cost (about $100 or $150... not sure), it's worth the price.

Senior SCH Member
    Duke, what fluid are you running? Did you change brands or anything else? That is a great gain. I am wondering if it is more than a temperature change that took place to get that much of an increase in boost.

Senior SCH Member
    I am running ford type f, i get it from the local ford dealer so its genuine motorcraft. Also i'm running a 3.5'' blower pulley im only over spinning it by 200 r.p.m at 5000 r.p.m also it cooled the supercharger down tremendously that's why i got more boost.

Junior SCH Member
    Where are you fella's measuring your boost at? The headunit or Vac Tree? Just curious as that seems like a lot of boost on a stock impeller, but if thats the case, then that cool bud, the more boost ya get, the better =)

Senior SCH Member
    I am measuring the boost out of the upper intake manifold.

Senior SCH Member
    Vacuum Tree is traditional method I believe.

Senior SCH Member
    My brother hooked that up for me under the upper intake its a gt40 he said you want to get closest to the engine, that way we know how to exact how much boost your producing, so we can tune this motor exactly.

Senior SCH Member
    That is good Duke. It's the same place the vacuum tree hooks up if I am not mistaken.