Thread: what do you guy's think

what do you guy's think

I"m wanting to really get after cleaning up my engine bay, I'm already manual sterring and no a/c, and plan on hiding my wires and vacum stuff, but I was thinking it's been 2 years since I've used the heater, or the hvac stuff, should I go ahead and get ride of this stuff, or do you think I would regret it. cruise control too. Let me know if I'm going a little over board or not.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    Go for it if there aren't any sniffing issues(smog police) That squealing noise is probably your muffler bearings.

Brandon, this is exactly what I've done. The bay will be pretty spartan as the only visible wiring will the the 10-pins and a couple of vacuum lines from the intake. My main motivation for doing was to simplify the maint. on the car. I wanted to ditch everything that wasn't necessary for it to run. I plan on only driving it occassionally on the street when the weather is nice and the rest will be track duty. Gonna have to find a fairly clueless inspection station though once a year to get my sticker.

spartan is what I want. I just can't decide if I'll miss all that stuff at a later date. It would be nice If I could still get my hvac stuff to blow air on the windshield If it where to get a little foggy. So let me here it fellas. Will I miss all this crap?

Senior SCH Member
    Loose the stuff. If you don't use it all it's doing is taking up space. Remeber ..... 100lbs= .1 in the 1/4:yep:

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

Are any of my heater controls going to work if I undo all those goofy vacum lines and selonoids? If not I'll probably loose the heater stuff too.

Brandon