Thread: Vortech vs PowerDyne

Junior SCH Member

Vortech vs PowerDyne

I have a friend on ship in the Gulf who I am relaying this question for. Here is his situation: He wanted to get a powerdyne because (1) he does not want to tap his oil pan (2) he wants to be a sleeper and (3) he doesn't want the extra heat due to the oil. He has a guy on the ship selling an V2 SQ for $1200. What are the pro's and con's of the two superchargers? your help means alot to a guy on a ship in the gulf defending our country.

Bobby(Blwn331) :bonk:

Senior SCH Member
    1.tapping the oil pan is monkey stuff. 2.the sq is as quiet as any....3.longevity....the oil is still cooler than the heat soaked metal in and around the engine...

I have seen two powerdyne's in person. First the look like a kiddy blower that belongs on a lawn mower, and second the performance gain on the two cars was little to none - no joke.

Vortech, Paxton, ProCharger is the only way to fly.

The three concerns are valid, but I would not worry about any of them. Tapping is simple, you can get a Paxton, or Vortech that are very quiet, and the extra heat in the oil is not so much from the head unit, but is caused by the extra HP the engine is making.

Ian