Thread: FMU Ratio

FMU Ratio

Anyone know what the Paxton supplied FMU in the N1K kit's ratio is, ie: 12:1???
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Yep it is 12:1.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    hey is there a way to tell what ratio diaphragm your looking at? i mean a friend of mine has an extra disc and i think its like a 10:1 or 8:1, does it say on the disc what its for?

Ok now please correct me if I am wrong, the FMU will supply 12 extra PSI of fuel pressure for every # of boost that it sences. The reason I ask is because I am getting ready for my install and I will be using the FMU and 19's for now until my budget permits an alternative. I am at 6200' of altitude and am afraid of running pig rich with the FMU. I may have to reduce its output to 10:1 or even 8:1 to make the car run decent. Can you buy diaphragm discs for the Paxton FMU's?

As far as I know you will have to send the FMU back to paxton to change it. I know that Vortech allows you to swap very simply. I would call Paxton - tell them you are from NOVIPOWER - and see how much it would cost you to send it back.

Ian

Well I talked to Paxton and they seem to think that altitude has no effect on the FMU. I do not believe them because I know that everything has to be leaner out here because of the thin air. For instance I know a guy that runs a 91 5.0 GT with a stock long block, 1.7 roller rockers, 1/5/8 headers, GT-40 lower Comp Box upper, and it pushes 8+psi and he runs 24# injectors w/ no FMU and its not too lean, just slightey rich at idle. I guess it'll be trial and error for a while.