Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Too much?

Thread: Too much?

Too much?

OK, so here's the deal. I've got a h/c/i on an 89 with an S-Trim. This is with no tune whatsoever, just bolted on and go. I know there's still a little left with a good tune, cause I'm trapping at under 118. I'm going to be getting said tune in a couple of months. With that in mind, I'm planning on tossing in my 42's and a 2.95 pulley (running a 3.33 now).
    Am I asking for trouble throwing that size of pulley on? Am I gonna still be within "semi-safe" parameters on a stock block?

Thanks,

J

Banned by Admin
    Watch your timing and run it alittle rich. I'm getting tuned Apr 5th, with the 3.33/6.87 and powerpipe and 42s I have my fuel@ 38psi and base timing @13 with the btm on 0. I'm very surprised at the drivability with the 94-95 cobra computer. Just don't hammer it. :D

Well, I'm actually hooking up with the fordchip.com guys to have them burn me a chip. I trust they'll have good control on a/f ratio's and timing. I'm more wondering if the power I end up with will be too much?

J

Banned by Admin
    Probably, depends on the shape of your motor.

Guess I should have included that info. Engine has ~40K miles on it. Good oil pressure. Overall good shape motor.

J

Banned by Admin
    Cross your fingers, and start saving for that R block. Good luck man, let us know how it turns out.

It all depends on the rest of your motor and how well your heads, intake, etc can flow. I made 18 psi with a 2.95 pulley in the cool fall air which was definitely not safe. It was the addition of a YS trim that put me over the edge though :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Well, they're TW heads, cam is similair to an e-cam, and a gt-40 intake. I guess time will tell.

J