Thread: power steering relocation question?

power steering relocation question?

OK I have noticed people move there power steering up farther than it should be..

I have a AC compressor right there and I am going to remove it.

Now really my first question is do I have to move my power steering up farther if I remove the compressor? And what are the advantages of moving the steering pump UP? And what do I need to buy to move it up if that is better?

Thanks
    Mark

The part your thinking of is the FMS A/C elim. kit, it moves the P/S up where the A/C used to be. Not really certain if there are advantages to moving it up, I kinda doubt it though. I believe there are several other companies that make a a/c delete (March and UPR), not certain how their kits work though.

TTT for ya, maybe another member can shed some more insight on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

My assumption is they designed it (fms kit) so that you would have easier access to it with it being higher. I believe the March kit bolts into the old bracket where the a/c mounts, basically just a plate with a pulley.

Now that I think about my 87 GT w/o A/c seemed to have the p/s in about the same position as where the FMS a/c delete kit puts it, can't recall fully it's been quite some time since I had that car...

I have the FMS delete kit and it's really simple. Just two brackets and a few bolts. Easy as pie. I don't know if there is any advantage to having the PS pump mounted higher?

Just wait until you take that a/c compressor off. It's so freaking heavy!!!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Well I guess I don't have to do it but like you said easier access to it to put fluid in it.. I'm guessing the kit is cheap so it shouldn't matter (meaning it won't hurt to try it)

Thanks
    Mark