Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Radiator Hose Clearance to 8-rib pulley

Thread: Radiator Hose Clearance to 8-rib pulley

Junior SCH Member

Radiator Hose Clearance to 8-rib pulley

In the process of installing an 8-rib S-trim setup on my '93 LX and it looks like there is no clearance from my metal radiator hose to the blower pulley. I have a fluidyne radiator that is thicker than the stock one. What have you guys done to get around this problem?

Thanks, Ed

Banned by Admin
    I have a fliudyne also, I cut 1 1/2 or so off the radiator side to clear it. My car is 95 though. I had the pretty Mac upper and lower hoses, originally I cut the upper and used the 2 rubber elbows off the rubber radiator hose to make it work, but now I'm back to the sll rubber napa hose, cut to fit.

Senior SCH Member
    yup just cut it to fit
    --
    93 GT

Senior SCH Member

Re: Radiator Hose Clearance to 8-rib pulley

Originally posted by EDS_5_OH
    In the process of installing an 8-rib S-trim setup on my '93 LX and it looks like there is no clearance from my metal radiator hose to the blower pulley. I have a fluidyne radiator that is thicker than the stock one. What have you guys done to get around this problem?

Thanks, Ed
    I have identical setup.as the others said just cut a little shorter...

Like they said, just cut it till it fits...you can also play around with the angle of the metal section until you find something that works. I know my section of hose attached to the radiator is not very long at all...
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

my method

What I did was, I took my radiator to my Machinist buddy, and he cut the upper metal hose down to where its only about 1/2" long.He then welded a small bead around the end to give something for the Clamp to grip and not slip on..The Griffins upper outlet is So long it wont work with a 8 rib pulley without cutting it back....Now my hose clears by almost 1/2"..

Jeff

Junior SCH Member
    Take some cable ties and drill two holes in the radiator lip for the ties; pull the hose back from the pulley
    COME CORRECT
    PALADIN MOTORSPORTS
    BRIEF ENCOUNTER