Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
beefs and questions about install of kit

Thread: beefs and questions about install of kit

Junior SCH Member

beefs and questions about install of kit

1. The unit STILL hits the hood.

2. Instruction diagrams suck. They say for alternator bolt to be installed from behind and secured with a nut on the front plate. ITS INPOSSIBLE!! The bolt is 6 inchs long, and the motor mount and a bolt boss on the block are in the way. You cannot make it work that way, going from the front in works. BUT the bolt they say to use is too short, so the nut will not fit on. You must use the longest bolt in the kit for the Alt.

3. I think the air conditioning hoses are going to hit the drive belt. Dont know yet.

I wish I could have got the old style, this has been a PITA so far.

QUESTIONS

How do I scroll the unit to clear the hood? And will pipe dope work on the oil sending unit. I know I cant use teflon tape.

Coupe - The problems you are seeing with the new kit, are the same I had with the old, so do not worry about that.

You will have to take the 1K off, loosen all the bolts that join the two pieces and then push the discharge down..

The air hoses will be close, you will have to wiggle them around to ensure they do not hit.

For the oil sending unit, blower feed, thread sealant will work fine.

Ian

HItting the hood? This is not good for my cobra. I was JUST NOW getting ready to order, do you guys think a SC trim would fit a little better?

This is a problem on 87-93, what year is your Cobra?

Ian

Mine is a 93

What do you think for fitment Ian, SC trim? Just when my mind was made up and gonna place an order, arggghh!!!

No I would stick with the NOVI. The NOVI fits under the hood, you simply have to loosen some bolts and turn it, it is not a huge deal (takes 5 minutes when off) and I would not shy away just because of it.

I would choose the 1K because:

1 - The 8-Rib setup (BIG PLUS!)
    2 - The mounting plate is much thicker (stronger)
    3 - I personally think the NOVI looks better in an engine than the SC, the SC looks nice, but does not give that BIG novi look.
    4 - The new 1K can now be upgraded to a 2K with a simple head unit swap.

Ian

Thanks Ian

i Know the advantages thats why I chose NOVI. Now, I am concerned with two things. 1) I dont want any dings in my hood. 2) I dont want my fresh new paint to get ruined from heat being in such close priximity.

Just answer me this, is there more underhood clearance with a SC trim?
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Vortech:

Old NOVI:

If the blower is clocked it should not ding your hood, and aas you can see from the above pics I do not think there is any more or less room gained.

Ian

If the novi2000 fit's without anything hitting, (like on my car) Then I think little brother (novi1k ) will fit just fine. Be happy with the novi, it doesn't have to work as hard as the s-trim to make boost.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe