Thread: Got My !k Kit....no Belt :(

SCH Member

Got My !k Kit....no Belt :(

Got my Novi Kit today and am missing the belt. Called them and could not get a live person. Also some of the part numbers, head unit and air intake part numbers do not match the numbers listed in the instructions, and no decals as listed. Seems to be a bit of a quality assurance problem. Hope this is not an indication of things to come.

Call Kelly, he will probably overnight the stuff to ya. My kit was missing the main bracket and the proper discharge tube.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

SCH Member
    I don't know who kelly is. I called Paxton and they (Brian) said they would send a belt. I asked them to send me a chip with the base tune and they told me that they could not do that; I needed to send my ECM to them. I was under the impression that they would send a chip with the program once I gave them my ECM code. Oh well, I am now waiting for my "BLANK" chip and belt. This sucks :( I know, I should have patience but I don't. :)
    Stock; except for my mods

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Silverpony2000
    I don't know who kelly is. I called Paxton and they (Brian) said they would send a belt. I asked them to send me a chip with the base tune and they told me that they could not do that; I needed to send my ECM to them. I was under the impression that they would send a chip with the program once I gave them my ECM code. Oh well, I am now waiting for my "BLANK" chip and belt. This sucks :( I know, I should have patience but I don't. :)
    Is this the seperate drive unit? I know the older kits had very poor QA and packaging. My revised Novi1000 kit was meticulously packaged and all items were accounted for with a green check mark on the tags and on the packing list.

SCH Member
    Nope, it is a kit for the 2000 4.6. Did a search and found out who kelly was and called; not in today. Oh well.
    Stock; except for my mods

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Kelly is out until Monday, call him then he will take care of you. As far as the chip problem, the main reason they ask for the computer is so that they can make sure they are getting the proper computer code. I know what you are going to say, "I can get them the code", but some times computers are warrantied and the updated code sticker is not put on the door. OR, I can't tell you how many times I have tried(TRIED is the key word) to explain to a customer how to find the computer code and they simply cannot figure it out! Paxton should have a pre-paid FedEx box in your kit with a chip voucher that you send in with your computer to get the proper program. Call Kelly on monday, he can take care of it.

Mike

well that sucks about the chip. they sent me a preburned chip with just the code off the door. i only needed it for a couple weeks untill i got my dyno tune.

what stickers are you talking about? if it's just some supercharged and paxton stickers, they don't send them anymore. pissed me off too because is was on the packing list. i had a lot of problems with install pages missing and a guy there said he would send me a pack of stickers out asap for my troubles...never saw them. you'll be happy once you get it running and see the power.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by NOVIGT
    well that sucks about the chip. they sent me a preburned chip with just the code off the door. i only needed it for a couple weeks untill i got my dyno tune.

what stickers are you talking about? if it's just some supercharged and paxton stickers, they don't send them anymore. pissed me off too because is was on the packing list. i had a lot of problems with install pages missing and a guy there said he would send me a pack of stickers out asap for my troubles...never saw them. you'll be happy once you get it running and see the power.
    I got the Paxton sticker. The supercharged sticker? Never knew they had one. The old discharge tube had supercharged emblazed on it though I think. ;)

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    The sticker I am refering to is from Ford, not Paxton. It is the computer code that you gave for the chip.

Mike