Thread: statefarm ins. rules

Junior SCH Member

statefarm ins. rules

I thought i would share this with everyone. Insurnce policies are changing for modified cars. The results will be insurance canelled!

here it is: -Those whose contours(body shapes) have been molded or changed in any significant fashion from the original manufactures design.

- those where the center of gravity or normal body"level" has been materially changed

- those equipped with non-standard accelerating devices or any other equipment designed for unusual performance

- an automobile with an engine, which is not one available from the manuafacturer as a standard optional engine for that year and model autombile.

- those equipped with extra-wide tread tires designed and normally used for racing.

Statefarm won't be calling people in to inspect the cars. but if you get in an accident which you caused by speeding or loosing control then the adjuster will look at the car to check if your car falls into any of those catagories and cancel your insurance.

if your trying to get insurance on a car you just purchased and it falls into these catagories good luck.

and if you think state farm are the only ones with these policies wrong because most of the other insurance company are going this way now.

Where did you get this info?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member

Re: statefarm ins. rules

Originally posted by Qkhorse
    I thought i would share this with everyone. Insurnce policies are changing for modified cars. The results will be insurance canelled!

here it is: -Those whose contours(body shapes) have been molded or changed in any significant fashion from the original manufactures design.

- those where the center of gravity or normal body"level" has been materially changed

- those equipped with non-standard accelerating devices or any other equipment designed for unusual performance

- an automobile with an engine, which is not one available from the manuafacturer as a standard optional engine for that year and model autombile.

- those equipped with extra-wide tread tires designed and normally used for racing.

Statefarm won't be calling people in to inspect the cars. but if you get in an accident which you caused by speeding or loosing control then the adjuster will look at the car to check if your car falls into any of those catagories and cancel your insurance.

if your trying to get insurance on a car you just purchased and it falls into these catagories good luck.

and if you think state farm are the only ones with these policies wrong because most of the other insurance company are going this way now.
    Not true in my case. I have an "Agreed Value" insurance policy with StateFarm. I brought my receipts and invoices in and they added up the total for parts on the car, plus cost of ownership. Then they inspected the car and I pay an additional $350 every six months.

Basically, this is the same thing as a collector's car insurance policy program. If the car is damaged, they replace the part(s). If the car is totalled, they give me the total sum of $$$ that was agreed upon. So far I am paying out $1050 evey six months, but it's worth it to have absolute protection.

Well I might be fooked if this is true. I don't carry insurance on my car during the winter months because it gets stored. I haven't had coverage on it since last October. If getting insurance this year is going to be a problem, I don't know what I'll do... :hmm:
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 468LC
    Where did you get this info?

from statefarm on bank street. this policy just took affect on march 31/03. They even sent the agents on a coarse to be able to know what to look for.

Junior SCH Member

Re: Re: statefarm ins. rules

Originally posted by mustangmark
    Not true in my case. I have an "Agreed Value" insurance policy with StateFarm. I brought my receipts and invoices in and they added up the total for parts on the car, plus cost of ownership. Then they inspected the car and I pay an additional $350 every six months.

Basically, this is the same thing as a collector's car insurance policy program. If the car is damaged, they replace the part(s). If the car is totalled, they give me the total sum of $$$ that was agreed upon. So far I am paying out $1050 evey six months, but it's worth it to have absolute protection.

This maybe true in your case, i was thinking if i have the car aprrasied maybe this will new policy by statefarm will not have any affect.

Have you checked with your agent lately mustangmark?. ask them about the new policy? and if your insurance will be affected? the olny way i found out about this is someone else when with a modified car to statefarm to get insured, they inspected the car and said no. Their car is a risk.
    So i called my agent and what i wrote ( in the top) is what the new policies are. These rules(policy) is from bill 241 which was stopped. Look at the catagories.

Senior SCH Member
    Qkhorse, the thing to remember is StateFarm is a business. They want money. Pay them $2000+ a year like I do and they'll cover just about anything. ;)

If my rates increase any more, I will get PIP and just rebuild the car out of pocket if someone hits it and hire a guard to watch it!! ROFL ;)

Please remember that Qkhorse is from Canada - the policies are different here.

Qkhorse: There are maybe 5 active Canadian users on here.

Ian

I had Statefarm ins several years ago, this is what they did...

I was a customer for aprox. 4 years, married, no tickets, accidents or claims whatsoever, multiple car discount, etc.

I purchased a 95 GT, they nearly doubled my premium and flat out told me that they will not renew my policy when it was up in a couple months because of the Mustang.

I took my business elsewhere and saved myself a considerable sum of money. Funny thing is, that 95 GT was a dog!! I'd get smoked by an RS :D

Needless to say, I won't ever do business with them again. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    never had a problem with state farm, lowest rates in town (i called EVERYONE!)